Good oral hygiene and maintenance is necessary for healthy teeth and gums. Oral disease can be prevented if you take good care of your teeth and mouth. In addition to your daily at-home routine, it’s important to get regular dental cleanings and check-ups done. This helps prevent problems such as tooth decay or gum disease. Additionally, regular dental visits can help detect problems early and treat them in time to avoid the problem worsening. Among the dental clinics in Philadelphia, Genis Dental offers the best in general and surgical dental services.
What Is Meant By Oral Health Care And Mouth Care
Maintaining the cleanliness of the mouth so that germs and microorganisms do not cause disease is called oral healthcare or oral hygiene. You can consult a dentist in Philadelphia PA. if you want to get some tips on improving your oral health.
- Oral health is the health of your mouth and teeth
- You can improve your oral health by brushing your teeth and flossing daily.
- Gum diseases, teeth infection, and bad breath can be prevented by daily home care as well as regular dental check-ups and cleanings.
Contact Genis Dental for a list of our services.
Why Oral Health Is Important
Oral health affects the health of the rest of your body, so it is important to care for teeth and gums.
- The mouth is connected to the lungs and the respiratory tract. It is also connected to the food pipe and digestive system. If there is a growth of bacteria and germs in the mouth, it can spread infection and disease to other parts of the body.
- Bacteria in the mouth can result in oral diseases like tooth decay and gingivitis.
- Poor oral health can cause heart disease, pneumonia, infection in the lungs, and respiratory disorders.
- Good oral health helps in preventing problems like dental decay and tooth loss.
- If you take care of your teeth and oral health, you will have a beautiful smile. It also helps make the teeth white and bright, increasing your confidence.
- Brushing and flossing helps prevent the formation of plaque on the teeth.
- Caring for oral health makes the gums healthy and disease-free.
Take care of your oral health just as much as any other part of your body. Just as you see a doctor for health check-ups, make sure you see a dentist for oral health exams.
When Should Oral Health Be Assessed
Dental checkup and oral assessments at frequent intervals help keep your mouth and teeth healthy and in good condition.
- As a general rule, oral assessment should be done once or twice a year. You should maintain an appointment with a dentist every 6 months for a deep cleaning and exam.
- If you notice any signs or symptoms of pain or discomfort in the teeth or mouth, you should visit a dentist for a diagnosis, even if it isn’t time for your annual visit yet. An early diagnosis and timely treatment can stop many problems from becoming serious or chronic.
Keep track of your appointments and never hesitate to contact your dentist if you are experiencing anything unusual. The services at Genis Dental are both reliable and affordable.
Can A Dentist Clean Yellow Teeth?
Yes, a dentist can help you clean yellow teeth. The teeth become yellow due to the intake of some foods and beverages, smoking, using tobacco, excess fluoride consumption, taking certain medicines, and poor oral hygiene.
- Professional teeth whitening treatments are available for removing the stains on the teeth and whitening them
- People who have yellow teeth must schedule a visit to the dentist at least every 6 months for a teeth cleaning and whitening treatment. In some cases, a dentist may suggest more frequent visits or a special regiment.
- Make sure you follow all directions for at-home maintenance from your dentist. They may give you special instructions or give you special products to use in-between visits to help whiten teeth.
With proper treatment, you can restore your smile and your confidence.
What Should An Oral Health Care Plan Include
Oral health care goes beyond brushing teeth. An oral health care plan should include consulting a dentist about the problems that you are facing in your teeth or mouth. If you notice any changes in your oral health or have discomfort in the mouth, you should visit a dentist and get a checkup done.
- Fluoride helps in strengthening the teeth. Use fluoride toothpaste and mouthwash.
- Do brushing and flossing daily. Brush your after waking in the morning, after meals when possible, and before bed at night.
- Floss, brush, and rinse your mouth after eating.
- Limit the intake of sugary foods. Avoid foods that contain starch and acids.
- Quit smoking / chewing tobacco.
- Do an oral examination yourself by checking if there are any changes in the tongue, teeth, gums, or mouth. If there is any abnormality in the mouth, get it examined by a dentist.
A large number of people suffer from oral problems. Taking care of oral health and maintaining good oral hygiene helps prevent dental problems. If you or someone in your family has a dental problem, you can contact us and get treatment from our dentist.