Missing teeth can cause a problem with eating food and speaking. Many types of treatment are available for missing teeth, but a dental implant is the best long-term solution for tooth loss. Dental implants are long-lasting, durable, and convenient. They improve your smile, your facial appearance, and your confidence.
An implant makes it easy to chew and eat food. Genis Dental is one of the most affordable Dental Clinics In Philadelphia. Our team provides the highest quality implant materials and uses the most modern technology and techniques.
Are Dental Implants Painful?
The surgery for Dental Implants is done with anesthesia, so the procedure is not painful. However, like any surgical treatment, there will be a healing period that may include some discomfort. Our team ensures you feel comfortable before, during, and after your treatment and guides you through all the aftercare steps.
- Your dentist will apply local anesthesia to your mouth before starting any dental implant procedure, which will numb the area. The procedure will begin only after the mouth is numb.
- For complicated cases, the patient may be placed under general anesthesia if the procedure has more steps or will take longer than usual.
- Once the dental implant surgery has been done correctly with the proper fitting implant, pain and discomfort will be limited.
- Your dentist will provide pain relievers if necessary, as well as instructions on proper diet and dental hygiene for the next few days to weeks.
If you have any concerns, make sure you contact Genis Dental for Dental Implants In Philadelphia.
Are Dental Implants Safe?
Dental implant surgery is safe for most patients except in rare cases due to specific medical conditions. Overall, it is a very common and successful dental procedure.
- There is little to no risk associated with dental implants for a healthy person. However, if someone is already suffering from another dental problem or gum disease or has another unrelated health issue, such as diabetes, implant surgery may not be ideal.
- It is important to check for other dental problems and get the dental implant only when your oral health is good.
- Dental implant surgery is even safe for healthy older adults who want a more permanent alternative to dentures.
Your Philadelphia Dentist will go over all of your medical records and explain all the steps and details of implant surgery.
Are Dental Implants Safe?
Yes, dental implants can be removed. In most cases, dental implant surgery is successful, but there are some rare situations in which the surgery needs adjusting. Complications may develop in rare cases when the implant may need to be removed.
- Your dentist may do a revision implant surgery to remove a misaligned dental implant or adjust the position.
- There is a need to remove the implant if an infection has caused failure in the implant properly healing and attaching into place.
- Sometimes, the patient’s body rejects the implant; in this case, it must be removed.
- An implant may need to be removed if it has become loose due to injury, trauma, or general gum complications.
Without complications, your dental implant should last a lifetime.
Can Dental Implants Fall Out?
In short, no. Dental implants are surgically inserted into the body, and your body heals around them. The only times a dental implant can “fall out” would be if:
- The patient doesn’t take care of the implant for an extended period of time, and it gets infected to the point of deterioration.
- The surgery was performed incorrectly by an unqualified person.
- Low-quality material was used, or an improper fitting was made.
- It gets partially or completely knocked out due to an injury or accident.
Genis Dental offers the highest quality implants using the most modern technology and techniques. Our team has extensive implant surgery experience and is highly qualified to perform these procedures.
Can Dental Implants Be Done In One Day?
The dental implant is a procedure that usually takes more than one session from the initial consultation to the actual surgery. However, the dentist may do same-day dental implants also if possible or necessary.
- In the initial stage, the dentist makes a plan for the implant. They may take an x-ray, scan the mouth, and take measurements of the teeth. Next, a dental check-up is done to consider all types of treatment options. The actual surgery of a dental implant may be done on another day.
- Same-day dental implant surgery is also possible; it usually takes half an hour to 3 hours. The dentist will put in a temporary implant and give you time for healing. The permanent implant will later be inserted after a few weeks to months.
Dental implants are a safe and long-lasting treatment for missing teeth. It is a successful surgery with no risks for a healthy person. People who want to learn more about if dental implants are right for them can Contact Us.