A dental implant is an artificial tooth root that is placed into your jaw to hold a replacement tooth, bridge, or denture. Dental implants are an ideal option for people with good general oral health who have lost one or more teeth because of periodontal disease, an injury, or various other reasons.
Dental implants are both natural-looking and natural feeling. We strive to bring smiles back to life, helping patients gain the confidence they deserve. Perhaps you hide your smile because of spaces from missing teeth. Maybe your dentures don’t feel secure. Perhaps you have difficulty chewing.
If you are missing one or more teeth and want to smile, speak and eat again with comfort and confidence, there is good news! Dental implants are teeth that can look and feel just like your own!
Reasons to Consider Dental Implants
Many people who consider implants have removable, conventional dentures for lower and upper jaws or have removable bridges.
Philadelphia Dental Implants can be used in solutions for replacing single or multiple missing teeth.
- Improved Appearance – Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth.
- Improved Speech – With poor-fitting dentures, the teeth can slip and move while talking, causing you to mumble or slur your words. Dental implants are designed to anchor and stabilize replacement teeth, allowing you to speak without worrying that your teeth might slip.
- Improved Comfort – Because dental implants become part of you, they eliminate the discomfort of removable dentures.
- Easier Eating – Loose dentures, even with denture paste, can make chewing difficult. Dental implants function like your own teeth, allowing you to eat your favorite foods confidently without soreness or pain.
- Improved Self-Esteem – Dental implants can restore a more natural smile and help you feel better about yourself.
- Improved Oral Health – Dental implants don’t require filing down other teeth, as a tooth-supported bridge does. A dental Implant is supported by your jaw bone, leaving the teeth next to the implant alone. This will make the implant restorations feel more like your own teeth improving your long-term oral health, allowing easier access between teeth, and improving oral hygiene.
- Durability – Implants are very durable and will last many years. With good care, many implants can last a lifetime.
- Convenience User Friendly – Dental implants eliminate the embarrassing inconvenience of removing your dentures, having silver hooks on partial dentures show when you smile, and the need for messy adhesives to keep your dentures in place.
Is Old Age a Problem?
Occasionally, older patients express concern that their age may prevent them from enjoying the benefits of dental implants. However, health is more of a determining factor than age. If you’re healthy enough to have a tooth extracted, you’re probably healthy enough to receive dental implants.
Certain chronic diseases may contraindicate dental implant treatment. The dentist will determine if you are a candidate for dental implants after carefully evaluating your dental and health history.
How Will Dental Implants Affect My Life?
As our life span increases, a permanent dental replacement like implants is increasingly important as we age. While dentures and removable bridges are usually loose and unstable, implants provide dental replacements that are natural looking, very functional, and stable.
Implants look much better and feel better than traditional removable bridges and offer the same force for biting as bridges fixed in place. Get familiar with dental implants and what they can do for oral health. Improve your confidence, comfort, speech, cosmetics, and self-esteem. Implants can last your lifetime.
Dr. Oleg Genis is an Emergency Dentist In Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, who cares for patients throughout the Philadelphia region in the convenience they deserve. Patients can now care for their dental needs in hours instead of days or weeks!